Welcome to the Playscape at Ripley!
The Playscape at Ripley is a nature park for all ages and abilities in Concord, Massachusetts. Located on town land in the historic East Quarter and nestled in the heart of hundreds of acres of community open space, the Playscape is a unique, special spot that invites all to play, relax and interact with their environment. The Playscape's design purposefully connects people of all abilities with nature; fosters cognitive, social and emotional growth; and encourages young and old alike to get outside!
In this website, learn why the Playscape is so relevant now and why the Playscape's four pillars are so important, see the masterplan, view its location in Concord, discover the rich history of the Playscape site, learn what's happening at the Playscape, see photos of construction and events, and find out how you can help support this important project and make this vision a reality!
Donate now! Support the Playscape with a tax-deductible donation!
* The Playscape's new accessible carousel and community swing are in place, in use, and featured in an article in the January 5, 2017 issue of the Concord Journal! Check out our news page for details and photos.
* The Playscape starts 2017 with over $321,000 in donations! Less than $20,000 to go to meet our fundraising goal of $340,000 -- help us get there!
* Our October 2 Fall Family Festival was a huge success, with over 250 people attending! For photos, visit the our October photo updates page or our Facebook event photo album.
* Have you visited the Playscape photo page? We have photos documenting Playscape construction as well as photos of events and everyday life at the Playscape.
* Download the Concord Natural Lands Passport (including assembly instructions) and check off Concord's natural sites (including the Playscape) as you visit them!
* The Playscape is always looking for volunteers! We need people to help fundraise, plan events, do gardening work, and much more. Get in touch!